Thursday, October 8, 2009

Welcoming the newest staff member .... Sarah!



Hello! I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sarah Wainio, and I am The Ulman Cancer Fund’s newest staff member. I came to UCF by way of AmeriCorps’ program Volunteer Maryland. I am so excited and honored to be able to help with UCF’s mission to empower young adults, families and the community to take control of their cancer experience.

Here you can find more information on AmeriCorps and Volunteer Maryland:


http://www.volunteermaryland.org/


Below you will see a picture of my fellow Volunteer Maryland Coordinators (for other organizations) and Volunteer Maryland staff:



A little background on me… I’m a recent graduate from Fordham University in New York. I graduated from Fordham with a Bachelors of Science in Psychology and a second degree in Philosophy. I have a long history of volunteerism, including volunteering in Thailand and Israel. I also worked in volunteer management at the public radio station WFUV 90.7. Now that I’ve finished school I feel a very strong connection to spending time volunteering in my own community.

During my 11 months here I will be working to recruit, energize, and recognize volunteers. If you are interested in hearing about our volunteer opportunities at The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults please contact me at

sarah@ulmanfund.org
or
410.964.0202 ext 109

Also, keep in mind that October 24th is National Make a Difference Day! Start thinking about how you can help now!

Sarah Wainio
Volunteer Maryland Coordinator
The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults

3 comments:

  1. Welcone Sarah! I am a volunteer with the UCF and a nurse. Currently, I work with Elizabeth on the YES program. I am looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, thanks so much! When I met with Elizabeth the other day she was telling me about the work you've done for us! I look forward to meeting you too.

    Also, I see you are reading our blog. I encourage you to become a follower! We are going to start posting more frequently and I can promise some exciting material!

    Sarah Wainio
    Volunteer Maryland Coordinator

    ReplyDelete

Join us on Facebook's Blog Network!

Supporters of UCF